Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lost Toronto By William Dendy

For anyone that's interested in pursuing Toronto's history and digging a little deeper, this book by William Dendy is highly recommended. Lost Toronto published in 1978 provides a fascinating look at Toronto as it used to be with incredible attention to detail.
There is a vendor at The St. Lawrence Sunday Antique Market who usually has a copy for sale.
Also highly recommended is Toronto Architecture by Patricia McHugh.
This book includes several walking tours around the downtown core.

2 comments:

  1. The question should be' What has the past ever done for me except inform the future?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That statement comes form a teacher I had in High School, Mr. Hildebrand. He taught history and geography and I thought he was a funny guy.....
    I should post a better image of the Lost Toronto cover. I'll scan my copy and post.

    ReplyDelete